Lean and Six Sigma are data-driven approaches focused on eliminating waste and enhancing efficiency. The goal of Six Sigma is to eliminate defects and waste, thereby streamlining business processes and enhancing efficiencies. While Lean has those same focuses, this approach also brings the customer in - by evaluating a customer’s appetite for buying a good or service.
Both methodologies can be applied enterprise-wide. It’s important that leaders understand both and are comfortable knowing what tools you can use to deploy Lean Six Sigma within your organization.
- Know how to leverage data to identify opportunities and measure progress.
- Solid understanding of the principles, approaches and components of both Six Sigma and Lean.
- Comfort knowing what’s required to regulate and measure a process.
- Understand the correlation between business processes, customer/client interaction and customer/client satisfaction
- Ability to leverage these processes to identify root causes and problem-solve